The Tech4Islands Summit Tahiti
4th internationally smart islands and land of innovation meeting in Tahiti
The Tech4Islands Summit Tahiti invites decision-makers, professionals, researchers, investors, institutions, administrations, students, schools and the general public discovering sustainable and resilient innovations, in favor of an ecological Tech For Good "Good for the islands therefore good for the planet".
Dates and venue to come
Organized by La French Tech Polynesia, the Tech4Islands Summit Tahiti offers 3 days during a space of technological and cross-fertilization friction between startups and innovative companies from French Polynesia, New Caledonia, the Oceania region and overseas territories, as well as the best international solutions with environmental and social impact, promoting a Tech For Good ecological, “good for the islands and therefore good for the planet”.
All of this 4th International Meeting of Smart Islands and Land of Innovation bring together innovation players from the region's institutional, public, private and academic sectors, invited to interconnect to share innovative solutions promoting the emergence of new island models of sustainable and resilient development.
@La French Tech Polynesia
Our Archipelagos of sustainable innovation
TECH 4 ONE-OCEAN
Innovative solutions to strengthen the resilience of islands, adaptation to climate change, protection of the oceans and their biodiversity, and to develop a sustainable, carbon-free and reasoned blue economy.
BlueTech: sustainable, resilient and carbon-free blue economy
- Develop low-carbon and non-polluting maritime and island transport.
- Develop technologies for environmentally friendly services in the cruising, nautical charter, yachting and ship repair sectors.
- Develop tools to monitor and regulate the occupation of coastal maritime areas by the yachting, aquaculture and lagoon fishing sectors and facilitate the resolution of conflicts of use (moorings, treatment of discharges and waste, eco-navigation , ecological moorings).
- Strengthen renewable marine energies from natural resources, the ocean.
OceanTech: protection of the oceans, reefs and their biodiversity
- Develop a network for measuring physicochemical and biological parameters by designing new sensors and new modes of information transmission.
- Preserve marine and terrestrial ecosystems by protecting and restoring functional areas, limiting anthropogenic disturbances, and restocking operations.
- Consolidate the resilience of coral reefs by preserving species, restoring natural habitats, drawing inspiration from traditional island knowledge and deploying bio-inspired solutions.
- Develop coastal areas with sustainable, eco-designed infrastructures based on nature, respectful of the environment, and which do not distort the landscapes.
CleanTech: circular management and waste recovery
- Reduce, collect and recover waste by developing channels and re-using waste (domestic, aquaculture, etc.) as a resource for agriculture, for the transformation of new raw materials, or for on-site treatment.
- Reduce the impact of transporting products to the islands by innovating the logistics chain and supply through packaging, stuffing, etc.
- Design the reasoned removal of hazardous waste such as batteries, hydrocarbons, medical products, etc.
- Facilitate the application of the ERC sequence (Avoid, Reduce, Compensate) at the levels of individuals and private and public organizations.
- Limit and treat lagoon and oceanic discharges via streams, rivers, outlets and sanitation.
KnowTech: observation and knowledge of the oceans
- Develop shared applications stimulating participatory sciences in order to accelerate knowledge about the oceans and their biodiversity.
- Raise awareness and educate users about the vulnerability of island ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic disturbances.
TECH 4 ONE-HEALTH
Innovative solutions to meet the challenge of an integrated approach to good human, animal and environmental health, as well as the evolution of agronomic and fisheries sectors in a context of global changes in the islands.
NatureTech: environmental and animal health linked to human health
- Alert in real time to health threats based on dysfunctional relationships between environmental health, animal health and human health.
- Strengthen biosecurity through electronic monitoring solutions for agricultural plantations and livestock in order to assess their state of health from a distance and to detect pests.
- Develop technologies to prevent the arrival, by sea or air, of invasive alien species or pathogenic organisms.
- Improve the resilience of island marine and terrestrial ecosystems by developing technologies capable of preventing the consequences of global changes, rising sea levels, ocean acidification, and the erosion of biodiversity.
FoodTech: sustainable agricultural and fishery productions
- Develop sustainable fishery production and promote its promotion (processing, conservation), particularly in the field of lagoon, coastal and deep-sea fishing, in inland waters, territorial seas, EEZs and waters outside national jurisdiction.
- Develop phytosanitary systems for the exploitation of marine resources in aquaculture and fish farming: bacteriological control, improvement of yields.
- Develop sustainable, resilient, agro-ecological agriculture adapted to island ecosystems as well as agro-food sectors, strengthen through biocontrol practices, innovative production in the fields of organic agriculture, permaculture, aquaponics, agroecology .
- Develop the exploration, exploitation and conservation of genetic resources of economic interest on the local market or for export.
StockTech: reasoned and fair management of natural resources
- Promote island biodiversity and local know-how in order to produce and transform natural resources sustainably and equitably.
- Exploit food resources, natural stocks and deep mineral resources in a reasoned and optimized manner.
- Deploy methods and technologies to assess natural stocks, monitor agricultural production and monitor the effectiveness of management measures, in particular by involving the communities who depend on them, in a logic of accountability and equitable sharing of the resource .
- Develop means of alerting and monitoring access to natural resources in EEZs and international waters.
HealthTech: access to healthcare, telemedicine and biotech
- Provide equal access to care in remote islands by deploying, close to citizens, innovative remote medicine solutions that respect the privacy and well-being of patients.
- Deploy biotechnologies applied to health, medical and pharmaceutical technologies, understand and promote, where appropriate, pharmacopoeias and traditional medicines through biotechnology.
- Strengthen the well-being of populations, by deploying connected means to integrate individually and collectively, including in the world of work, good practices for physical and mental health, sport, balanced and sustainable nutrition.
TECH 4 ONE-PLANET
Innovative solutions to deploy renewable energies, ensure access to drinking water and sanitation, and create industries with low environmental impact that integrate human values and resources, job creation, micro-sectors Islands.
GreenTech: renewable energies and eco-mobility
- Allow remote islands to be self-sufficient in clean electricity and ensure their production of renewable energy.
- Integrate adapted solutions for the production and storage of green hydrogen with zero emissions of particles and greenhouse gases, for the use of green electricity and / or carbon-free fuel.
- Develop eco-mobility and management solutions for modes of transport with a limited carbon footprint.
TourismTech: inclusive and responsible ecotourism
- Evaluate, identify, measure, qualify, regulate tourist flows to modernize forms of tourism, to improve exchanges between island residents and visitors, to organize the occupation of land and sea spaces and to strengthen the personalized experience.
- Agglomerate, share, exploit secure data on tourism, to develop experiential, cultural and scientific tourism, and promote repeaters, remote workers, digital nomads.
- Deploy eco-responsible Smart Tourism and digital tourism tools, virtual discoveries, live-streaming, cultural immersion and transmission of knowledge.
- Develop training and support for businesses in the tourism sector to integrate island populations and mitigate the negative impact on natural and cultural heritage.
EcoTech: ecodesign and biomaterials
- Promote Smart Islands and sustainable and intelligent housing: bioclimatic architecture, rainwater management, choice of construction materials, production of renewable energy, sorting and recovery of waste.
- Develop the integration of sustainable and biobased materials in all sectors.
- Develop tools to ensure the traceability and supply of companies with local or regional biobased materials.
AquaTech: drinking water and sanitation
- Promote access to drinking water, deploy desalination solutions, or treatment of any type of water unfit for consumption.
- Develop wastewater treatment solutions by phyto-purification, phytoremediation, etc.
- Develop solutions that reduce pollution from activities in the company, the production of macro / nano pollutants, the use of agricultural chemical inputs, dangerous products, etc.
TECH 4 ONE-HUMANITY
Innovative solutions to transform the economic, organizational and operational models of island development, support access to wealth and services for populations, and build resilient, flourishing and equitable societies.
LearnTech: sober and inclusive digital
- Integrate and adapt remote work tools, teleworking, digital skills, the appropriation of digital on an island and double-insular scale.
- Deploy digital and community computing adapted to cultural, geographic, linguistic and generational diversity, based on the development of Open Data solutions, data pooling and sharing.
- Develop a sober and inclusive digital, low impact for the environment.
- Develop protection tools accessible to small island businesses to avoid malicious digital attacks and acts, and to be able to face the risks of digital pandemics.
EdTech: collaborative training and learning
- Develop shared applications for cooperative initiatives, mutual aid, asynchronous teaching, educational resources, personal and professional distance learning.
- Deploy “connected campus” solutions in the archipelagos to allow equal access to higher education in remote islands.
- Transpose experiences and collective spaces of neighborhoods, geographic areas or pilot islands, autonomous in production (food, energy, water, etc.), in consumption and in the recycling of resources: improve them, connect them to networks, support them, facilitate demonstrations, the sharing of added value, the transfer of knowledge, the feedback of experiences and solutions.
SocialTech: social and solidarity innovation
- Offer people new products, uses and services that make daily life easier and promote administrative simplification in a context of dual insularity, as well as project management.
- Promote slow consumption by avoiding overconsumption and waste, by deploying eco-responsible, predictive, educational, alternative, disruptive solutions, and the supply of short circuits.
- Deploy island micro-sectors that create long-term or seasonal jobs, reinforce the attractiveness of the islands and promote the maintenance of populations in their island of origin.
- Develop products and services adapted, inspired and designed locally for island needs, integrating local materials, knowledge and know-how, and regenerating nature.
- Transfer, adapt, adjust, integrate knowledge, techniques, traditional practices and technologies in the business world.
SafeTech: security and protection of populations
- Improve predictive models and management of risks and extreme events.
- Inform, alert, and adjust rapid responses to threats to populations.