The University of French Polynesia (UPF) and the Higher School of Teaching and Education.
The University of French Polynesia is a public scientific, cultural and professional establishment.
The UPF carries out its missions for the benefit of the young people of French Polynesia and contributes to the social, economic and cultural development of Polynesian society. It contributes to the following missions:
- Initial and continuing education, by offering a diverse range of State or university diplomas, falling within three distinct fields: Law, Economics and Management - Letters, Languages and Human Sciences - Sciences, Technologies, Health.
- The professional integration of its students.
- Scientific and technical research as well as the promotion of its results.
- The dissemination of culture and scientific and technical information, with the organization of international colloquia and conferences.
- International cooperation within the framework of partnership agreements with foreign universities, particularly in the Pacific region.
- The initial and continuing training of school teachers through its internal school, the Higher School of Teaching and Education (ESPE).
Thanks to its 4 laboratories, its UMR, its two federative structures, its house of human sciences and its doctoral school, the UPF contributes to the scientific, technological and cultural development of French Polynesia.