Focus on innovation and competitiveness!
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée aims to sustainably develop the maritime and coastal economy in the Mediterranean basin, in Europe and in the rest of the world.
Labeled by the State in July 2005 as a competitiveness cluster with a global vocation, the Mediterranean Sea Cluster aims to sustainably develop the maritime and coastal economy, in the Mediterranean basin, in Europe and in the rest of the world.
In the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Occitanie and Corsica region, the cluster brings together more than 400 members, around maritime and coastal themes with strong societal and environmental issues, scientific and economic players.
- To be one of the main levers of the integrated maritime policy
- Be a driver of business competitiveness
- To be an international reference in the maritime and coastal field and to promote our members and our territories through the brand "Pôle Mer"
Acting as a real engine of innovation and competitiveness, the Mediterranean Sea Cluster structures its strategy around 6 Strategic Action Areas and 2 transversal axes:
- Maritime Defense, Safety and Security
- Naval and nautical
- Marine energy and mining resources
- Marine biological resources
- Coastal environment and enhancement
- Ports, Logistics and Maritime Transport
and 2 transverse axes:
- Digital transformation and Robotics
- Ecological transition
- 424 members: 3/4 Companies and 1/4 Research & Training
- 490 certified cooperative projects, for an R&D effort of € 1208.81 million including 352 co-financed projects for a budget of € 779.59 million
- More than 40 structuring projects for an amount of more than € 1,7 billion