The OPT Group plays a major role in the development of French Polynesia
The OPT Group is made up of the Post and Telecommunications Office (OPT) and its subsidiaries ONATi, Fare Rata, Tahiti Nui Telecom and Pacific Cash Services.
The OPT Group plays a major role in the country's development with a second international opening thanks to the MANATUA cable, the opening up of remote archipelagos with in particular high-speed Internet for the islands served by the NATITUA cable.
The OPT Group is on all fronts and is investing heavily to open Polynesia to the rest of the world. The year 2018 saw the realization of an essential step with the creation of:
- The OPT holding company, in charge of the financial part of the group and providing cross-functional expertise to the subsidiaries in several areas: management of real estate assets, building and human safety, and employee training.
- The ONATi subsidiary in charge of telecommunications and audiovisual,
- The Fare Rata subsidiary in charge of postal and financial services,
- The PCS subsidiary in charge of fund management and transport,
- The merger-absorption of ISS by TNT.
In addition, the OPT Group is committed to the environment in various actions such as saving energy, controlling waste production and reducing pollution while helping to fight against global warming and sensitization of the Polynesian population.